700± ACRES FOR SALE
SANDUSKY BAY WATERFRONT, NEAR LAKE ERIE
Clearwater Preserve on Sandusky Bay
Listed at $16.5M
Recently Appraised in April 2016 at $17.2M
Appraisal available upon request
- 700± acres of forest & inland deep-water lakes
- Boat channel access to Lake Erie
- 57± acre unspoiled nature preserve
- Rolling terrain on a quiet peninsula
- 1,800± ft of Sandusky Bay shoreline
- 120± acres of inland lakes with 16,500± ft of shoreline
- 65± ft of elevation change
- Zoning primarily P.U.D. (Planned Unit Development)
CLICK HERE FOR THE BROCHURE created by British architect Neil Pike, which includes:
AN INSPIRATIONAL MASTERPLAN WITH BUILDINGS OF ARCHITECTURAL EXCELLENCE WILL MAKE CLEARWATER PRESERVE UNIQUE
- International destination resort facility
- Feature hotel & convention center
- Exciting shopping & delectable dining opportunities
- Regional airport located within 1,600 meters of property
- Golf design concept by world class architects – Arthur Hills & Steve Forest
- On-site Marina with rack storage, plus private residential docks
- Highlights an active adult community
- Sport fishing in the morning & golf in the afternoon
- Unlimited opportunities for a destination resort community
- 120± acres of interior lakes & 57± acres of nature preserve
- 16,500± ft of shoreline with recreational boating & watersport access
LEARN MORE BY CLICKING HERE about how Ottawa County Economic Development can be a resource.
Community Reinvestment Area Program
Portage Township, Ohio has established a Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) program for use as an economic development tool. The CRA program is a locally administered tax incentive that provides real property tax exemptions for property owners who invest in real property improvements, including renovation to existing buildings or constructing new buildings.
The Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) Program is a direct incentive tax exemption program benefiting the property owners directly. Portage Township, Ohio reviews and determines the level of tax exemption available for real property improvements. Tax exemption rates range between 50% to 100% for terms up to 15 years, depending on the size and impact of the investment. Projects involving industrial/manufacturing and commercial activities qualify for the exemption program.
>Community Development Block Grant Public Infrastructure Program
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Public Infrastructure program provides funding to ensure a safe and sanitary living environment through the provision of safe and reliable drinking water and proper disposal of sanitary waste in distressed communities with a low- and moderate-income population of at least 51 percent. The CDBG Public Infrastructure program can award up to 50% (not to exceed $500,000) in grant funds to assist with the extension of public infrastructure to the Clearwater Preserve site.
Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
Tax Increment Financing (TIF) is an economic development mechanism available to local governments in Ohio to finance public infrastructure improvements and, in certain circumstances, residential rehabilitation. A TIF works by locking in the taxable worth of real property at the value it holds at the time the authorizing legislation was approved. Payments derived from the increased assessed value of any improvement to real property beyond that amount are directed towards a separate fund to finance the construction of public infrastructure defined within the TIF legislation.
Northwest Ohio Bond Fund
The Northwest Ohio Bond Fund provides small and medium-sized companies access to the national capital market as if they were A- Investment Grade companies. The NW Ohio Bond Fund provides:
- Financing for projects between $2million to $10million
- Fixed interest rates for full term of the bonds
- Typically 90% financing and 10$ equity
- Financing up to 20 years on land and buildings; up to 10 years on equipment
Conduit Bond Structure
Through our partner, the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority, the Port Authority can serve as the Issuer for the purpose of making proceeds available to an entity in furtherance of a public purpose by way of Industrial Revenue Bonds, Hospital Revenue Bonds, Non-Profit Bonds and Housing Bonds.
- Financial strength based upon credit of the company or non-profit organization
- Rated or non-rated bonds sold in capital markets or privately placed with banks
- Capacity to issue bank-qualified, tax exempt debt
Capital Lease Transaction
Through our partner, the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority, the Port Authority can provide bond financing of large construction projects with a Capital Lease Option that enables borrowers to take advantage of sales tax savings.
- Savings of State & Local sales tax on construction materials
- Lease payments with fully amortized debt
- Buyout option allows company to buy asset for $1 at the end of the lease
- Assets & liabilities placed on the company’s balance sheet
- No Prevailing Wage requirement
- Reduces construction costs and improves Loan-to-Value
Ohio’s Gold Coast
Lake Erie Shores and Island Facts
- Lake Erie Shores and Islands are within a day’s drive of 60% of the US population.
- 10+ million trips are made to Lake Erie Shores and Islands yearly, making it one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Midwest. 58% being return visits and 42% being new visitors to the region.
- Year-round activity is increasing and indoor waterparks are adding to this growth.
- Each year 3.5+ million people visit Cedar Point Amusement Park which is known as the Roller Coaster Capital of the World!®
- More than 10+ million trips are made to the Lake Erie Shores and Islands region each year, according to Lake Erie Shores & Islands (LESI) a local area tourism group. Making it one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Midwest.
- Visitors helped generate nearly $2 billion in tourism sales in 2015, from the Lake Erie Shores and Islands region’s two counties, Erie and Ottawa. This is according to a recent study conducted by Tourism Economics, one of the world’s leading providers of economic analysis, this is an increase of 7% from the 2013 study.
- Fishing and watersports are incredibly popular with many boat docks/slips in the region. Port Clinton is known as the “Walleye Capital of the World”International Airport
Existing zoning for the site is primarily PUD (Planned Unit Development), which allows for substantial flexibility in the planning, density and sequencing of the development. Please contact us for a copy of the zoning regulations.
- Planned Unit Development 676.4± Acres
- M-1 Light Manufacturing District 15.1± Acres
- M-2 Heavy Manufacturing District 15.7± Acres
- Agricultural 10.2± Acres
All Utilities either exist as follows or are designed, permitted, and approved for installation. Initial phase designed to handle 1,500 residential units or the equivalent.
Public Water Service: 12” Water Main – Plasterbed Rd
Significant Available Capacity: 12” Water Main – Lockwood Rd
Sanitary: 10” Gravity Sanitary – Plasterbed Rd
Note: A complete sanitary sewer and retention system has been designed and permitted by the EPA to expand the capacity of the system to 1,500 residential units or the equivalent.
Natural Gas: 8” HP Gas Line – Lockwood Rd
Electric: High Voltage Transmission Line On-site
EB5 Targeted Employment Area
Ottawa County, OH, has identified three census tracts as targeted employment areas, Clearwater Preserve is located within this area. EB5 was created to stimulate the US economy through job creation and capital investment by immigrant investors by creating a new commercial enterprise.
People throughout the entire world know about Cedar Point. It’s the number-one rated amusement park on the planet. On this 364-acre peninsula jutting into Lake Erie, there are more roller coasters than anywhere else.
Located adjacent to Cedar Point, Soak City is a gigantic 18-acre water park that features action-packed body and inner tube slides, two meandering inner tube rivers, play areas for kids and an enormous 500,000-gallon wave pool.
Marblehead Lighthouse, one of Lake Erie’s best known and most-photographed landmarks, is one of Ohio’s newest state parks! The grounds surrounding the lighthouse offer excellent picnicking and views of Lake Erie, Sandusky Bay, Kelleys Island and South Bass Island.
A”bird’s eye view of Put-in-Bay’s downtown harbor & the surrounding islands. Put-in-Bay Parasail leaves from the Boardwalk Dock downtown.
Kelleys Island is located in the western basin of Lake Erie about four miles north of Marblehead and twelve miles from Sandusky on the Ohio mainland.
Founded in 1872 as a wine cooperative, the Mon Ami has offered some of the finest wines produced in the region over the last 130 years.
Click here to learn about all of the exciting things waiting for you in the Lake Erie Islands Region!
The Jet Express is a safe, ocean approved catamaran offering passengers a choice of all-weather protected, indoor seating or a refreshing open air ride. Traveling at speeds of more than 40 mph, it offers the smoothest, fastest ride across the lake.
From the four-story atrium lobby and restaurants to the sprawling outdoor pool, arcades and gift shop, Great Wolf Lodge offers all the amenities of a first-class contemporary resort.
Limestone cliffs, historic wineries, crystal caverns and a shimmering Great Lake greet visitors to Catawba.
United Real Estate Group – Strategic Client Services
Hanna Commercial Real Estate
Mac Biggar, Broker
Doug Walton, Broker